Conscious Catholicism

So our houseguests arrived on Saturday afternoon as we had expected, a little bit later then we thought. Nathan’s girlfriend ended up coming as well last minute. It was nice having everyone here, a bit crowded for us but it worked out fine. Since it was later in the day than we had expected there arrival we opted out of going downtown to the Market. Instead we went to Larry’s and picked up some things for barbequing instead, a good 4th of July weekend activity. Failo, did the cooking, which was nice and everyone just relaxed and gabbed before dinner. We all decided to go out afterwards to karoake, which turned out to be really fun. We stayed til closing, which we almost never do. Sunday morning, and everyone gets up, has breakfast. We had planned ahead of time to go downtown, walk around a bit and then head up to beer bust at the Cuff. It, thankfully turned out to be a really nice day out. It was fun walking around window shopping. We ate some lunch at Sonya’s downtown, which is always nice as they have a kick-ass view of Elliot Bay from were you eat. I grab a cab and we all pile in and head on up to Cuff, around 3:30-4 ish. It was nice just hanging out, relaxing enjoying then sun and talking. Mike showed up and we had some good conversation. LIke I’ve mentioned before I like hanging out with him, but feel this pressure to fuck. I’m not really into that right now. I have too many other things going on in my life for that to be a priority. Well, as it turns out he does too, at least that’s what he told me. So the skinny then is that he is welcome to come hangout at the house, have dinner and stuff. Monday rolls around and my houseguests end up taking off for Eastern WA around 2:30pm. I am exhausted from the weekend, all I could think about was sleeping. I pick Mike up from work a bit early and we head home. We both grab some of the leftovers in the frig and end up falling asleep in the livingroom. I wake up and head to the bedroom, I figure it’s only about 7pm but I’m just exhausted I don’t care if I wakeup at 2 in the morning. I did wakeup at an ungodly hour, head out to the livingroom and watch some stuff Tivo has recorded, mostly Star Trek episodes. I go back to sleep around 4ish and am now sitting here writing this rather boring entry. I’m back on track with what we have to do for the move, packing on the weekends as well as during the day. I’ve put a few things up for sale on eBay, mostly older computer stuff. It’ll be nice if the stuff actually sells. It’s overcast and chilly today, only 64 right now (11:25am). Mikes not feeling well so he’s leaving work at 1pm and I’ll go get him then. I have to run some errands before that so I’ll leave here around 12:30pm. I haven’t gotten back in the daily groove yet, I feel slightly off.


Born in New York, Educated in the Berkshires, Became an adult in CA and found my Soul in Seattle. I'm a bearish middle aged, happy man who lives w my husbear in the OC.